noisy arctic 64 pro

LITEON 05:38 10 Sep 2006

hi

can anyone suggest what could be wrong with my arctic 64 pro,4 days ago i bought this but the noise its making is same as my athlons heatsink????

STREETWORK 07:14 10 Sep 2006

As this is supposed to be a silent cooling system, it should not make much noise. Is it still under warrentee?

Check theere is nothing touching the fans (packaging).

LITEON 08:10 10 Sep 2006

it has 6yrs warraty,i have checked everything they seem all ok
just oe thing my motherboard has 9 holes to mout the motherboard i only used four pillars,do u think that can all the noise???

STREETWORK 08:54 10 Sep 2006

Ahhh...get some screws and fix it correctly then check if the problem goes away...

Mr Mistoffelees 09:41 10 Sep 2006

If the noise doesn't go away you could try one of these click here both quiet and very efficient.

DrScott 13:19 10 Sep 2006

the heatsink and fan correctly (and remember to use thermal paste) or you the fan will spin up too much, plus you'll get a lot of vibration noise.

DieSse 14:58 10 Sep 2006

This is an interesting review - with a warning in it about mounting orientation.

click here

It gives the noise output as 50.1dBA - personally I would have regarded this as very loud. It certainly is not ultra quiet. My own CPU fan is rated at 14dBA - and that's almost inaudible (though my processors cooling needs are less than yours).

The unit has it's own heat sink compound pre-applied - so you should have cleaned off all the old compound, and not applied any more.

Personally I think you may have replaced a noisy cooler with another noisy cooler. Thermaright heatsinks are very good indeed - and on some you can choose your own fan - the larger the better.

Good selection click here

IMO you should be looking for noise factors below 20dBA ish.

LITEON 17:35 10 Sep 2006

am going to get mounting screws tomorrow and see if it goes away
few more info i want to add
on start up the fans rpm 2500
amd heatsink was 3500
northbrige fan (4cm)5000+ but its dead silent

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?