NOF Upgrade

Cyberdog 19:19 24 Jan 2006

Hi,
I am with 1&1 for web hosting. As part of the package they gave me NOF8. Is that software now mine, and if so does that mean if I wanted NOF9 I would be able to go down the upgrade route as apposed to the new purchase route.???

mco 22:50 24 Jan 2006

Well - yes, I think so!

Mr A! 21:35 26 Jan 2006

check 1&1 terms and conditions. Im sure i read about it somewhere in there.

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:25 27 Jan 2006

I've done it since the MX version. Mind you, the upgrades are overpriced for the changed content.

Cyberdog 16:53 27 Jan 2006

Thanks to mco / Mr A and barry for your feedback.
I found a v7 on a cover disk and used that for registration. Thanks.

ade.h 18:18 27 Jan 2006

I've had a chance to try NOF 9 this week, and frankly, I would not go the expense of upgrading. It adds a few new features to NOF 8, most of which are totally non-essential, but fails to fix some of the weak spots. Particularly, the validation errors and page-width issues with many of the more complex site styles. Also, to freely make hard code changes, you still have to work on the HTML file externally. The internal code editing is still limited to a few additions before and after certain tags. Not an immediate issue if, like me, you try not to fiddle unless essential, but it will at some point be necessary. Other than the style issues, at least the pages validate pretty well.

mco 18:23 27 Jan 2006

have to agree with adeh - and my original version was NOF7 not even NOF8. I was given NOF9 for Christmas and I'm yet to feel the benefit.

mco 18:26 27 Jan 2006

just read your other comment about not bragging about NOF9 for Christmas! Anyway as you can see I'd rather have had the socks and soap!

ade.h 18:28 27 Jan 2006

About the only real boost is nPower. click here

Cyberdog 13:36 29 Jan 2006

Hi,
I appreciate all your comments and help.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?