NOF photo gallery and nav menu

steve263000 11:21 12 Mar 2006

I am re-building my site using NOF, and I am in the process of adding a couple of photo gallerys. As anyone who has used it will know, it is a fairly easy process. The problem is, that whenever I put in a gallery, NOF creates on page on its own, with just one photo from the group. I have tried deleting that page, but that seems to stop the gallery working. I do not want this spare page to show up on my site. Has anyone come across this? and what can I do about it?

And now for the second part. I am using a nav menu with the parent view, but would prefer to use the breadcrumb trail view. This works well on all pages except the home page, when no fly out views come out. Is there a way to add pages to the home page menu,(I know how to add pages) that will not then show up on the rest of the pages. Whenever I try to add a page to the home page, because of the CSS used by NOF, this is added to the rest of the menus. Am I making sense?

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:51 12 Mar 2006

a page with a single photo, it creates a set of stacked pages with every photo on them so that when a visitor clicks the thumbnail it takes them to the page with the full size photo on it.
It also allows forward and back navigation of the stacked pages.

Without these, you have no gallery, just a page of thumbnails.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:53 12 Mar 2006

If you dont want it to show up in the navigation just check the 'Exclude from navigation' box on the Site View page.

steve263000 08:48 13 Mar 2006

Thanks Barry, that explains that. I seem to have fixed the second part myself. By just adding one page, the flyouts are working on all pages.

ade.h 17:31 13 Mar 2006

You can also apply your gallery link to any linkable object if you'd rather not have a page of thumbnails. I don't always like to use thumbnail pages, but the text link option in the gallery's properties is not necessarily the right alternative. I usally link from just one picture.

steve263000 14:30 14 Mar 2006

For the details. I have a bit more work to do yet, and then with great trepidation I will ask the forum to look it over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?