NOF: making changes to whole site

mco 00:16 25 Oct 2005

This must be something to do with the 'Style' - I have so far changed the background colour and centred each of the six pages of my site, but I've done it by going to each page separately and changing the page properties.. what is the proper way to make overall changes that affect the whole site?

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:59 25 Oct 2005

at the top of the page. You can then choose a style from those listed on the left, or go online and download more. All styles can be edited by unchecking the 'read only' box.

mco 09:40 25 Oct 2005

I'd already applied a 'Style' and managed to change the banner, but I hadn't worked out how to change the background colour of it globally - will go back and have another look.

ade.h 15:53 25 Oct 2005

The layout area is unique to each page - and I have not as yet discovered a quick way of placing the same objects in the same places in each layout apart from:

Creating and positioning the objects that I want to re-use on other layouts, going to Edit and Select All, copying and then pasting onto another layout. It still needs a bit of final positioning, but at least the objects are positioned in relation to each other. There may be a much easier way...

However, the masterborder area is site-wide, unless you rename a particular masterborder (Homepage, Contact, etc.) and use different masterborders for each page. So with this part of the page, you have an easily adjustable choice between a site-wide look for your banners/frames or a more page specific approach.

ade.h 15:55 25 Oct 2005

Which is essential if you place custom links, specific to each page, in the masterborder.

mco 18:58 25 Oct 2005

Thanks ade - I had come to that conclusion myself today (a week's holiday to practise!) and am glad to know I haven't missed something obvious

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?