nod32 & site advisor

click here hope that works. hi i have been using nod32 on my vista pc for a while, i used it while kaspersky was having the 'svc has changed' problems and decided to keep it as god it's fast! i downloaded mine from eaet uk (green s/a) i was just a little worried by the red warnings on the eset main page, any thoughts?

Ashrich 20:20 18 Sep 2007

I think you'll find that it is Eset Uk you want , and you're right , the footprint is tiny compared to most AV's , mine reads ...Nod32 kernel 17,580k Nod32kui 1,136k , small indeed !! I think the red warning were from the Threat Centre , it highlights the state of play in the current amount of nasties around , it's back to green now .

Ashley

Chris-347369 20:23 18 Sep 2007

I think what adman2 means is that McAfee's site advisor flags the Nod32 website as being a dangerous site

hi, i meant mcafee site advisor comment, it's not for the eset uk but is for the top 2 on my link click here

Ashrich 21:08 18 Sep 2007

That's weird !!!

Ashley

VoG II 21:10 18 Sep 2007

Call me a cynic, but isn't McAfee a competitor of eset.

More seriously, SiteAdvisor also labels many anti-malware sites as dangerous simply because they contain links (via HJT logs) to 'dangerous' sites.

NOD32 is entirely trustworthy.

well there is a few things i dont get, surley over 80 green downloads shouldnt be red, there are not many security companies without some skeletons, and most importantly if the main (usa) has links then why doesnt the uk site?

thats what i thought i wouldnt be to happy if eset was my company. thanks for the replies guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?