NOD32 Security suite

rawprawn 20:13 14 Nov 2007

Has anyone used this yet, and if so any comments?

Ashrich 00:03 15 Nov 2007

Rawprawn , why not try the trial download , I think you get 30 days , also , if you haven't been to it before , click here , and find the Nod32 forum , loads of posts to read, and lots of useful tips .

Ashley

birdface 00:23 15 Nov 2007

Good evening rawprawn,All I can say is that I have never used it.Probably could not afford it.But if I could I would ,It has got a very good reputation as so far I have not heard a bad word about it.which is unusual for any type of Security program,I am used to using freebies which I have no problem with.I think most of them are great.But .We are all looking for the best security programs,I think most of us would agree that this is one of the best,I use Avg Anti-virus and A Squared,I used Nod 32 anti-virus free scan to-day, And what did it find, Nothing,which shows my freebies also do a good job,Yes I would like to have it,But also happy with what I have got.

DieSse 00:23 15 Nov 2007

Yup - been using it since beta.

I've used NOD AV for many years, and recently had Comodo for a Firewall. When I started using the security suite, of course I uninstalled Comodo - There was a small but perceptible speeding up of the net - and there's basically no intrusive messages when using it. Messages are fine if they guide the average user in what to do - most firewall messages don't and so lack of them is a "good thing" for most users.

Not had any problems to speak of, and am very pleased with it to date.

[email protected] 01:40 15 Nov 2007

i love v 2.7 it's everything i want in an av, it works and you don't know it's there. v3 is prettier and ess smart has added a firewall and anti spam, and basically gone against all their priniciples. nod is a great av and thats what they should stick at click here click here

rawprawn 07:45 15 Nov 2007

Thank you all for your responses, I am seriously considering buying it. I went to the NOD site and fed in my username and password (to check the cost of upgrading) but it wouldn't accept it, so I have emailed them.
I was hoping that perhaps one of my family might buy the subscription for me as a Christmas present.(The older I get the more difficult it is to decide what I need, or for that matter want)

Andsome 08:57 15 Nov 2007

I have used Nod 32 AV for nearly three years, and would NOT change. I have downloaded the trial version of the security suite and it seems to be fine. As a Nod user I can update to the security suite at a discounted price when the trial period is finished. I have however deactivated the Anti Spam part of the program, as I much prefer to use Mailwasher. I don't fancy taking a chance on dodgy e mails even though they are put into a special folder. I much prefer to delete them on the server.

ventanas 09:15 15 Nov 2007

I also used NOD for a long time, but when I bought my new machine back in April it came with a three year licence for McAfee Security Suite, which being free I stuck with, but always with some reluctance.

Basically I feel that the NOD suite would be far better than McAfee, and like Rawprawn I feel it's time to change. Anyone any thoughts or advice?

bretsky 09:29 15 Nov 2007

Bookmarked.

rawprawn 09:46 15 Nov 2007

I so far have been unable to find the trial download, can anyone point me in the right direction?

rawprawn 09:59 15 Nov 2007

I should say that I have found where it says 30 day free trial but when I click on it, I am taken to Buy with no trial option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?