nod32 or kaspersky

chippy+ 17:35 07 Feb 2006

hi which one?
nod32 or kaspersky i am using nod32 at the moment because it is light on resources and fast but does it scan outgoing e-mails ? outlook express i know kaspersky does and is good what's you'r choice thanks Chippy

rawprawn 17:44 07 Feb 2006

Try this I am really impressed. (30% discount for Barclays online customers)It covers everything
click here

jimv7 17:45 07 Feb 2006

nod 32, and send yourself an email to check.

ade.h 21:01 07 Feb 2006

NOD32

or Kaspesky

or F-Secure

In that order of preference.

Though saying that, as much as I like F-Secure's AV, the fact that it's no longer available without the firewall means no Outpost! So it has to be out of consideration. I use NOD32 on three PC's; two with Kerio and one with Outpost. Very happy with it.

Mytob 00:57 08 Feb 2006

my preferancs is for kaspersky pro myself. iv used it for a few years and have never had one virus issue unlike with norton which was formating litraly every month dew to virus damage. i also find the definitions are accurate and are released at amazinly short intervals of a hour or so. all in all i highly recomend it.

Icky 07:24 08 Feb 2006

NOD32 --- brilliant

harristweed 08:32 08 Feb 2006

nod32 everytime

chippy+ 18:51 08 Feb 2006

hi thanks for all the replies but can any of the nod users tell me if it scans out going em-mail if it doesn't it is one of the few thanks again Chippy

ade.h 18:56 08 Feb 2006

Yes it does. Despite the presence of an Outlook plugin, it actually scans outgoing and incoming mail from/to all mail clients including OE and T'bird. It also has the option to append a message to outgoing mail, so that the recipient knows with reasonable confidence that it is safe.

Skyver 18:57 08 Feb 2006

Checking the FAQ on the NOD32 site, amongst the various modules you can run;

Does IMON scan Outgoing Mail?
`No, IMON scans only incoming email. However, if AMON is enabled it will not allow you to attach any infected file to an email.`

storme 21:29 08 Feb 2006

nod 32 without doubt

i personally dont have it
but we use it at work..and it is the ONLY virus killer never to have been caught out with a wild virus...

it really is the best..u just gotta pay for it :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?