NOD32 OK on Vista - any others ?

Blue_Bear 13:59 03 Mar 2007

New Vista PC arrives in a couple of days, and I'm trying to decide which security progs to load up - previously been a fan of Avast, but the only one I've found that is Vista compatible is NOD32.

Heard NOD32 is excellent, but are there any other programs that are Vista compatible ?

Jackcoms 14:04 03 Mar 2007

Avast Home edition is Vista compatible click here

[email protected] 14:05 03 Mar 2007

i believe avast is compatible with vista, i know avg free is, and at risk of starting a war nis 2007 is too, and mcafee i think

[email protected] 14:05 03 Mar 2007

beat me to it!

anskyber 14:07 03 Mar 2007

I have tried both AVG and Avast.

The AVG caused a minor instability problem for my Vista Home Premium set up. I now use Avast and for the month or so I have been using it I have found it to be ideal.

Blue_Bear 14:08 03 Mar 2007

Thanks for that - guess it's the age old conumdrum of whether NOD32 is worth paying out for rather than the freebies Avast and AVG !

anskyber 14:16 03 Mar 2007

Look here as well. click here

anskyber 14:19 03 Mar 2007

Of the ones listed by MS the Kaspersky is a very strong candidate from recent reviews.

I am waiting for Zonealarm Security Suite 7 to be Vista compliant later this month, it uses the Kaspersky AV engine.

Technotiger 14:37 03 Mar 2007

Hi, I have just set-up a friends new Vista pc with AVG Free, works perfectly. As a matter of interest, I also set her up with Incredimail which also took to Vista like a duck to water ... LoL

Blue_Bear 15:25 03 Mar 2007

Tempted by Kaspersky - heard good things about them in the past, and I do recall some great reviews in the past.

Decision time ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?