NOD32 anti virus

jagx400 15:59 13 Sep 2006

I dont know if this is the best place to post this but it may help others in their choice. I recentley had a problem with NOD32 (my fault) and asked for customer support. After not being able to help with emails, they phoned me and I gave them access to my PC and the chap the other end sorted the problem out for me.

The customer support from this company was absolutely first class and they deserve a 5 star pat on the back.

i can whole heartidly recommend them and their product, well done all at Eset.

ade.h 16:12 13 Sep 2006

That's what I and a few other forum members have known for a long time. The best service and the best product.

jimv7 16:17 13 Sep 2006

2nd that ade.h.

Splodge 16:23 13 Sep 2006

Blueyonder Cable provide it as a free service; which is good as they seem to update it several times a day.

However, I have been testing Vista beta and the new Release Candidate 1. It does NOT recognise NOD and you will need to look for another anti-virus program if you upgrade! Vista recommend Trend!

I first attempted to do an upgrade of RC1 and after 5 hours it declared a fault and reverted to Vista beta; I then did a "clean install" and that went fine but, although it retains your information in "old" you have to re-install all your programs.

Since my XP works fine and I have lots of "goody" programs, I will not upgrade until I purchase a new computer and it comes ready installed!

Holders of Microsoft stock, beware! It will be the biggest failure since the 1929 crash! lol

jagx400 16:30 13 Sep 2006

I dont need Vista and Micosoft aint dictating to me what I can and cant use. I am sure NOD32 will be made compatable.

ade.h 18:03 13 Sep 2006

It sounds as if you are referring to the entirely superfluous "Security Centre" warning system, and that is absolutely nothing to worry about if the AV is running regardless.
There are some AVs and firewalls that are not currently recognised by XP, never mind Vista Beta/RC1. I keep the "Security Centre" disabled on all my PCs anyway.
If NOD32 won't actually run under Vista, then Eset will rectify that once Vista is actually ready for public release. Which probably gives it about six months.

lulubelle 19:29 13 Sep 2006

Hi All,
I'm looking to get a new anti-virus.At the moment I am trialing Kaspersky's Internet Security Suite. It seems to be very good. I wouldn't mind giving NOD 32 a try, but I am worried about which firewall I should use, anybody got any recommendations. Any opinions on Kaspersky vs NOD 32?

ade.h 19:54 13 Sep 2006

I always use Kerio (usually the free spec) or Outpost (premium) when installing a firewall. The same products are used on my own PCs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?