Nod 32 scheduler

IPA 14:12 31 Jan 2006

I can't seem to get Nod to scan at the schedule time despite the pc being idle with no other programs running.It seems to do it when it fancies rather than the time I ask it to. In comparison AVG on my other machine is spot on to the minute. I have also selected the option to scan within "x" hours if no scan is run. Have I missed something or have other users found the same? Otherwise what is the point of a sheduler? Basically I want it to scan at 7.00am each day whilst I am in the shower!

ade.h 14:42 31 Jan 2006

Is the Task Scheduler service running? It depends on that service, so it needs to be enabled.

IPA 14:48 31 Jan 2006

Yes , the schedule is set up via the wizard as "control center profile" ,daily scan at 7.00am

ade.h 14:51 31 Jan 2006

Not what I asked...

Is the Task Scheduler service running? Not part of NOD32, but a Windows service.

Run services.msc and check.

ade.h 14:52 31 Jan 2006

What you have listed in the Windows Task Scheduler Wizard and/or folder window depends on that underlying service. Nothing will happen without it, no matter what is listed in WTS.

IPA 14:55 31 Jan 2006

Yes it says started and automatic.

ade.h 15:03 31 Jan 2006

There's not much more that I can suggest in that case. My NOD32 scheduler works fine, so it's not something that I have seen first hand or even heard of before.

The Eset phone support is very good, if you can't any more possible solutions here.

IPA 15:13 31 Jan 2006

Good idea.I think I'll give them a call,it must be something I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

ade.h 16:55 31 Jan 2006

It may not be anything that you've done or not done; it's possible that it just may need to be reinstalled and all will be well. But if it's a known issue, Eset will probably have a good solution.

ventanas 16:59 31 Jan 2006

I've something similar with updates. definitely set to run at 21.00 every evening, but always does it between 21.30 and 21.45. I've given up and accepted it.

rawprawn 17:55 31 Jan 2006

Hi John, F Secure every hour no problems, I am beginning to like this program.I have tested it online with everything I can find and nothing has got through "so far" NOD32 emailed me regarding built in firewall, but as you said "later this year". I shall go with F Secure for at least 1 year.
Sorry IPA, I do not mean to hijack your thread but if you are on a trial with NOD32, F Secure is an alternative worth investigating.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?