Noctua NH-U12P SE2 on Asus P6X58D-E Help

Audio~~Chip 21:11 09 Sep 2010

My new build with the above Noctua HSF and Asus Motherboard I could do with guidance please.

Unpacked the Noctua NH-U12P SE which is compatible with this motherboard has 2 Fans one to be fitted on each side ! problem is I only have 1 CPU Fan header on the motherboard.

Can I connect the other Fan on this HSF kit to the system/case fan header or am I suppose to only fit 1 Fan onto the Heatsink Grill.

I was talking to someone in this forum the otherday who used this HSF recently hopefully yourself can help if not one of the more experienced forum users.

Appreciate all replys

AL47 21:36 09 Sep 2010

I have the dual fan noctua

I use both fans, one is connected to the motherboard and the other just a molex cable.. dunno if its best way but what I did

Audio~~Chip 21:54 09 Sep 2010

When you say Molex, do you mean on the 3pin molex CPU header or convert to 4pin. Both of my fans have 3 pin molex headers.

When you say connected to the motherboard I take it readign it again you mean CPU header & System fan header. Carn't se any other way, never known a motherboard to have 2 CPU headers.

Going to see if I find a review with picture of it fitted.

I am Spartacus 22:18 09 Sep 2010

if the fans are 4 pin (PWM) then something like this will allow you to use the CPU Fan header and have the fans controlled by the motherboard click here

If they're 3 pin then this click here

RobCharles1981 22:25 09 Sep 2010

Audio Chip

I have this CPU Cooler, there should be fan splitter cables in the accessories box.

Cheers

Rob

Audio~~Chip 22:35 09 Sep 2010

Yep your right its the fan controller cable which you can connect both fans to one on a splitter. Getting old is my excuse Honest!

Thanks RobTheOrganGuru, AL47 & I am Spartacus

RobCharles1981 22:48 09 Sep 2010

No Problem I'm glad its sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?