No Wireless Networks Found

rnseby 05:05 04 Mar 2008

I have a Gateway Laptop (XP SP2, Windows is set to run the Linksys Wireless PC Card) that was working on my home network. The Linksys Router is working because other devices are still hooked in with no issues. Before I was able to find networks at home/work/local coffee shop. I have attempted to use a generic USB Network Adapter and it gives the same issues. My device manager is showing nothing wrong. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it. I have look at the Win Wireless Zero Service, it is running. I can use the built in Network Adapter to run a wire to the router.

Using IPCONFIG /RENEW; I get an error that the media is disconnected.

Thank you in advance.

BurrWalnut 15:11 04 Mar 2008

If I understand you correctly, you’re running the Linksys Wireless PC Card software.

If so, you don’t need Wireless Zero Configuration. Go to Wireless Zero Configuration in Administration Tools > Services then if Stop is there, click it and then change Startup to Disabled.

rnseby 05:33 05 Mar 2008

No I'm not running the Linksys software. XP was doing a fine job handling the Wireless connection until it all disappeared.

crosstrainer 12:01 05 Mar 2008

Try the usb adaptor in another lappy if you can, sounds to me like it may have died.

rnseby 16:06 05 Mar 2008

The USB adpter is off of another computer where it is working great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?