no wireless connections in network connections

elgar 22:48 10 Mar 2006

I have installed and adsl wlan router to connect 2 desktops and two laptops tot he internet and each other. In network connections no wireless connection appears. On the second computer and the laptops the wireless connection is there in network connections. Where is it hiding?????

ade.h 23:11 10 Mar 2006

Firstly, routers don't install really, they just connect; this is about the only type of hardware that requires no software or driver of any kind.

Secondly, have you run the Network Setup Wizard yet? If not, your operating system won't know that there's anything there or what to do with it.

If you have run the wizard and yet the PC still doesn't see the router, double check all the connections.

ade.h 23:13 10 Mar 2006

And when you are looking for a wireless LAN icon, it is on a wirelessly-linked PC right? Not one that's linked by Ethernet cable?

elgar 23:47 12 Mar 2006

Hi ade.h

thanks for the replies. i have run network wizard and set up ethernet network. The router connects both wired and wirelessly, the W-Lan LED is lit up. in network connections on main pc I can see all computers on ethernet and on 2nd pc which has a wireless adapter attached i can see the wireless connection I can also see my wireless laptop. I can connect via eternet to main pc but not wirelessly. The router appears in my network places as an internet gateway device but how do i know if the wireless connection is working?

PS my laptop can now see main pc wirelessly but pc cannot see laptop duh???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

See the Best Button Badge Designs of 2017

iPhone X review

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires