no windows sounds?

spluger 19:46 26 Jul 2006

Having prob with computer
I'm getting no sounds from windows or IE but cd's mp3's and videos all work fine

using a kn8 sli mobo with built in sound.

updated all drivers and still nothing from windows?

bit of a odd one but think i need help on this!

Thanks

SB23 19:57 26 Jul 2006

If you don't mind, I'll watch this aswell, as I've got no sound when the pc starts up. I had a program (can't remember the name of it), but when I deleted it my windows sound went too.
As you say, everything else works fine, its just when you start up the pc and log on, well it is in my case.

Steve

VoG II 20:05 26 Jul 2006

Have you been to Control Panel, Sounmds and Audio Devices, Sounds tab and see if they play from there?

gwd_boy9 20:17 26 Jul 2006

I recently formatted my hard drive and after re-installing windows I have no sound. Does anybody know how I could sort this problem. Do I need to buy a sound card?

Hertz Van Rentyl 21:40 26 Jul 2006

Go to the place indicated by VoG and see if the sound has been set to "no sounds", if so there will not be any speaker symbols allocated to each Windows function. You can reallocate Windows default or customise with any wav files you may have.

ade.h 22:01 26 Jul 2006

Surely this is a good thing?

spluger 20:03 27 Jul 2006

VOG
Yeah checked there and the little play icon wont even highlight. i'm thinking it must be to do with windows itself. tried changing thems and sounds on/off with no results.

ade.h would be a good thing but web page plugins/ videos have no sounds, all normal games do execept windows games.

skidzy 20:24 27 Jul 2006

Tools/internet options/advanced/scroll down to Play Sounds in web pages (tick this box)

Have you tried this ?

Hope this helps.

spluger 23:17 27 Jul 2006

skidzy
Yeah tahts alredy checked
cheers though!!

skidzy 23:28 27 Jul 2006

If not your sound driver maybe this will help click here

Woolwell 23:44 27 Jul 2006

In the Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Sounds Tab - what happens when you highlight one of the program events and click on browse. Are there any media files present?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?