No webcam on skype ??

ronlin 22:32 21 Jul 2014

I have an asus netbook on vista premium , alately when i go on skype it doesnt recognise the webcam , ive reinstalled the camera drivers and it does work on the asus lifeframe prog but just wont work on skype , any ideas anyone ?? Please .

northumbria61 03:43 22 Jul 2014

Take a look here Skype There's a troubleshooting guide at bottom of page which may help.

northumbria61 03:45 22 Jul 2014

Check out the Accepted Solution here

mole1944 05:17 22 Jul 2014

Simple answer go get a separate webcam and plug it in,this wil (a) let you h get video feeds and (b) give you time to get your netbook one sorted (c) at least you'll have a spare camera.

alanrwood 11:18 22 Jul 2014

Skype - Tools/Options/Video Settings. Does the web cam content show here and have you checked the settings available there.

Woolwell 17:50 22 Jul 2014

Jock1e- See my thread about that Skype update. Be careful to untick what you do not want otherwise you will end up with Click to call, Bing as your search engine and MSN as your home page. Sorry to hijack thread.

ronlin 21:21 24 Jul 2014

Done all that everyone suggests still not working with skype , but it works on other progs , o well loks like i may need to buy a webcam , thanks all .

Woolwell 21:52 24 Jul 2014

You should not need a webcam if the built in camera is working. Does the camera appear in Skype options at all?

alanrwood 10:16 25 Jul 2014

As a last resort maybe reinstall the camera drivers. Only a long shot but if you have re-installed Skype already then it is the last thing I can recommend before getting drastic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?