Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review
fc motherboard ep-8kta3pro led on board shows the code FF DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT THIS POINTS TO
RUNNING XP PRO HAVE REPLACED THE GRAPHICS CARD THOUGTH THIS WOULD CURE THE ABSENCE OF IMAGE HAS ANYONE ANY IDEAS
when i power the system i get nothing on the screen
no boot up sequence to help me go into safemode
I have not installed the drivers for the video card because i cannot see any thing to assist me any ideas what to try ?
You could always try a repair. but not sur how you can do this without seeing the screen.
Have you tried another monitor?
Repair XP by install over the top of existing systm
1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.
DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).
4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.
6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.
Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.
Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.
this system has had 3 moniters tried on it the moniter at present work fin 2 weeks ago when upgrades were made, been working fine untill sunday when switched off and on return would not work, as usual the owner has not got the installation discs and presumably will be reluctant to buy some
There's no point looking for a software solution to this. No video output to my mind links directly to the video expansion card. Check to make sure that the graphics card is completely fixed into its slot (assume its not integrated in the mobo). If it is integrated, or if it is fixed properly, could be blown. Try installing a cheap ADP or PCI video card and see what happens.
the graphics card in question is new and installed this a.m I have un installed it and reinstalled it twice power up the pc and a black screen is all i get
Hi stressed out.
That's cool. Go back to what you had previously. What now happens? Have you tested the graphics card in another PC? You don't need to install the drivers to get at least the start-up pictures.
Also a long-shot but if you've move from a PCI slot to the AGP slot, or vice versa, you need to amend the BIOS, Init Display First under Intergrated Peripherals. It appears that this defaults (surprisingly) to PCI, so check that its set to AGP. Of course, you'll have to get your old conenction working before you can do this.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.