no video capture on windows xp home

jonpep 19:13 17 Nov 2008

I have just had a reinsall due to harddisk failure,tried to install webcam but it comes up with "no video capture" and cannot find imaging devices in hardware in the control panel, so Iassume that this has not been reinstalled.
Is this to be found windows xp home disk which I have, and is this straight forward to install from the disk?

woodchip 19:15 17 Nov 2008

Download Free Windows MoviMaker click here

Technotiger 20:00 17 Nov 2008

You need to re-install your webcam software.

Technotiger 21:25 17 Nov 2008

BTW what is the make/model of your webcam? If, for instance, it is Logitech you could go to the Logitech website and download updated software.

jonpep 10:58 18 Nov 2008

Have tried the above from woodchip,went into microsoft page and it said page could not be found

anchor 12:52 18 Nov 2008

Try this link

click here

Technotiger 13:02 18 Nov 2008

If the webcam is not recognized by Windows, then movie maker will not make a tad of difference - the webcam needs its own software to be installed first!

anchor 17:16 18 Nov 2008

Technotiger is quite correct. If you have not got the original software disc that came with the camera, have a search on Google.

If its a well know brand its probably available for download.

jonpep 18:13 18 Nov 2008

May I thak all who came in to help me, this may not be the right place but it may help others who have the same problem.
As I have said my harddrive crashed and had to be all reinstalled by a computer Shop. I found that Serivce Pack 2 HAD not been installed, I now have web cam working.
thankyou

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017