no task bar

sirbobby 13:44 19 Jul 2004

just upgraded my video card and now lost my task bar, tried using appearance and themes but cannot find the task bar menu, please help me

SEASHANTY 13:54 19 Jul 2004

Try right click on the Start button. Select properties and from the resultant window select
Taskbar tab. Check that Keep Taskbar on top of other windows is ticked.

norman47 13:56 19 Jul 2004

Place your mouse cursor at the bottom of the screen, does it show a black up and down arrow joined.

If it does, hold the left button down and drag it up the screen.It may take a few goes.

Eric10 22:11 19 Jul 2004

If you've just changed the graphics card it may just be that the monitor needs adjusting to fit everything on the screen. If the taskbar is off the bottom of the screen you should be able to see the start menu pop up if you press the Windows key. If you don't have a Windows key then CTRL+ESC will bring the menu up.

Night Ryder 22:22 19 Jul 2004

Check monitor settings as Eric10 suggests. You can test this by moving your mouse pointer to the edges of the screen (top, bottom, left and right) If the pointer disappears of the edge of the screen you will have to reduce the height and width of your monitor. Your task bar is probably there but just out of view.

sirbobby 15:31 20 Jul 2004

tried everything now not got start button or anything is there anything else i can try.

SEASHANTY 15:44 20 Jul 2004

Check out some of the links on this Google page. Maybe one of them will be of some assistance.
click here

Djohn 15:50 20 Jul 2004

Have you tried the controls on the monitor itself? It just may be that the display needs reducing a little to fit the screen. Use the menu button on the monitor, scroll through the options until you see the vertical adjustment and reduce as necessary then move the display to centre of the screen and expand a little both vertical and horizontal to fit the whole screen.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 20 Jul 2004

Right click on desktop (blank area of screen)
select properties- settings inthe screen resolution box move the slider to select a higher resolution (i.e. 1024 x 768 pixels)and apply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?