No supported CD-R/CD-RW drive

User-3DF88A05-7458-484E-99D53197A4E2C3C8 14:59 15 Jun 2003

My system is a time comp & running ME.My system was upgraded by Time last year My problem is i managed to delete my adaptec cd rewrite programs.When i contacted time they told me to re-install using program on norton anti-vrus support disc when I did this the warning on the above title line comes up.They then told me to go back to my disc & install the update which I did. I was then told to go to roxi web sight to update for easy cd creator v4and Direct CDv2.5,the trouble is when i try to download the updates they keep aborting on the installation The only reference to a product version on my pc is 3.5 When i contact time they just keep repeating the above procedures or ignore emails when i point out its not doing any good Any help I get will be welcome but as i am pc naive willneed to be in simple terms

Totally-braindead 15:17 15 Jun 2003

Install easy cd creator first, don't worry about whether it recognises your cdrw or not. Next install the update you say you have on disk, finally go to the roxio site and download the latest update, install it and that should be that. The update should recognise the version of easy cd creator you have and install the update. If you can't install the update then its because the roxio update does not recognise that you are eligible for updates, if this is the case go back to Time and see what they say. By the way if I remember rightly you will have to restart the system after each installation.

when trying to download Ome bundled update it comes up Missing or invald registry?ini entry

Totally-braindead 18:20 15 Jun 2003

I presume that you mean OEM and that the cdwriter software came bundled with the system. If so then it should be a matter of doing what I've already said, I'm not sure whether you can download updates though as its OEM it may be this you are describing. However having said this if you install the software and any updates you have on disk then the cdwriter should be working, if not my suggestion would be to delete the program entirely once again and reinstall from scratch as sometimes programs can get mucked up when installing them. If this still doesn't get the cdwriter to work then I'd be contacting Time for assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017