no speaker icon

loser7 22:35 05 Aug 2006

i can not get any sound out of my comp. i have replaced sound card and loaded new drivers (also tested both sound card and speakers and they both work) when i go to control panel and audio devices i am told the device is working properly and software is fine but no still no sound. Also i can not find the speaker icon that should be bottom left of the desktop. (i think maybe soud is muted)

Woolwell 22:40 05 Aug 2006

Control Panel - Sounds and Audio devices - Volume tab - check that tick box in "place volume icon in the task bar" is checked.
Select Audio Tab and check volume settings from there.
On Sounds tab you can test the windows sounds.

loser7 22:47 05 Aug 2006

when in Control Panel - Sounds and Audio devices - Volume tab is at minimum and i cant drag it. Also it wont let me tick box for 'show volume control on the taskbar'

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:51 05 Aug 2006

Control Panel - Sounds and Audio devices

Audio tab - sound playback - make sure your card is selected

loser7 22:55 05 Aug 2006

when i get to audio tab i see volume and advanced tabs, but i'm not able to click on any of them.

loser7 22:56 05 Aug 2006

sorry i did not mention i'm running win millenium. i dont know if that make any difference

loser7 23:21 05 Aug 2006

when in control panel> sound and audio most icons are shadowed and not active to click on.

SANTOS7 00:04 06 Aug 2006

try updating the drivers for your sound device..

loser7 14:57 06 Aug 2006

i took the sound card out put it in a new pci slot reinstalled the drivers and it worked. thanks for help, much apprieciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?