NO Space left on C drive

dlguk 19:40 14 Oct 2010

Hi all

I downloaded and installed a trial version of R-wipe&clean 9.1, I had tried 9 and was ready to purchase it. I ran a scan on my C drive, it completed and I checked my C drive, instead of the 45.6 it was, it had risen to 72.5 (about half the drive) I had to go out and on return I checked, in properties the whole drive was blue.
I downloaded ‘Spacesniffer’ but I am not sure how to interpret the results and what course of action to take.
I have, as you can see managed to free up enough space to use the internet.

Any ideas, simple as me please :)

Nontek 19:51 14 Oct 2010

Never heard of 'Wipe&Clean ... I would try a System Restore back to before you tried it!

dlguk 20:07 14 Oct 2010

System Restore, always my first option but my pc would not complete it even in safe mode.
Oh I must add it is only a 120G hard dive with now 300meg left grrrrrr

dlguk 20:09 14 Oct 2010

oh and i also have a s/hot of af it is of use to anyone

ty

Nontek 20:12 14 Oct 2010

A screenshot might help, but doubtful.

Can you run SuperAntiSApyware and Malwarebytes scans? They might help.

dlguk 20:25 14 Oct 2010

no dont think either will work, have run my antivirus. the s/shot is of the ‘Spacesniffer'results-all dutch to me

dlguk 20:29 14 Oct 2010

'Wipe&Clean' 9 was excellent and i am not even sure if it is that that has cause the prob, lookin for advice

Diemmess 20:30 14 Oct 2010

It is possible that there is a hidden partition for repairing C if that becme corrupt.

Even so it is suspicious that the drive continued to fill up while unatended.

Different people make individual choices over what to put on C:, if they have an alternative drive to use.

In the short term I suggest you buy a powered external drive (with USB connection).
Then cut as much data as you can find (Picture files, movie files, and music) and paste these in new appropriately named folders on the external drive.

Unistall the Space sniffer and R-wipe&clean 9.1, plus any other software files you don't use any more. Do not uninstall any basic Windows stuff nor any major applications.
This should give you many Gb of precious space.

You may now be able to do most things as before but do start with either of the anti-malware programs Nontek suggested.

If things really are better then it's high time to take matters further, and consider alternative ways to marshall your data, but let's make some space on C: first.

MAT ALAN 20:34 14 Oct 2010

click here

this will give you a comprehensivwe breakdown of whats on your C:/ drive
if it is full of prog files and the like you may have to consider buying a secondary HDD..

MAT ALAN 20:35 14 Oct 2010

click here

Try this link, i have no idea why the first is redirected...

dlguk 20:54 14 Oct 2010

Hi

Tried your suggestion and noted that there are 67,410.6Meg~rwc{}$$rwb which look as though they could be the offending files, no??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?