No Sound-www.asrock.com/mb/download.

Nonagon 18:38 21 Jun 2007

A mate ,who has gone back to Germany now,has put a new hdrive in my pc an ASRock P4i45GVR5- most things work well internet,outlook,etc.,etc. but there is no sound.I tried to download a sound card? driver? from click here . I downloaded the audio file on offer C-MEDIA_XP_2K_ME_98(UDA041_build04L) but I cannot get any further than this. any ideas?

Stuartli 18:47 21 Jun 2007

The motherboard has onboard sound, not a sound card, according to the specifications.

You need the correct drivers from the C-Media website and should also Enable onboard sound in the Bios.

click here

Nonagon 19:32 21 Jun 2007

How do I know the correct drivers from the C-Media website there area number of options i.e.

PCI Audio;
Onoard audio;
Multi maedi cardreader
each of thesew has a number of CM options and co on my pc is starting to fill up with zip files.

sidecar sid 19:39 21 Jun 2007

The driver you have downloaded appears to be the correct one.Have you tried to install it?

Nonagon 19:51 21 Jun 2007

Thats where my trouble is now I've clicked all the boxes and folders but nothing seems to install the software

skidzy 20:09 21 Jun 2007

With an Asrock board the audio drivers are on the motherboard disk (if you have this) !

Have you run the motherboard disk ?

If you do not have the mobo disc.

Save the audio driver download to your desktop.
Then goto device manager and uninstall the current driver and install the new driver on your desktop,when asked the location,point the request to your desktop.

Eric10 21:02 21 Jun 2007

Once the downloaded file is unzipped you should just need to double-click 'Setup.exe' to install the driver.

sidecar sid 21:14 21 Jun 2007

As Eric10 says
Create a new folder on your desktop
Unzip the contents of the downloaded folder
to the new folder.
Open the new folder and double click on the setup icon(setup 32-bitsetup launcher)

Nonagon 23:04 21 Jun 2007

Sorted thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?