no sound with WinDVD

Tony Spear 00:14 03 Jan 2008

Some time ago I installed a DVD Writer in my Computer and at the same time I bought a copy of ULead VideoStudio7, which came bundled with InterVideo WinDVD4. For a variety of reasons I have never used the DVD Writer, other than to play CD's. This Christmas I was given a couple of DVD's which I decided to play on my Computer. To my surprise, I found that although the Video would play I could get no sound. Right clicking on the image gave me the drop down menu, but the Audio section was greyed out. I know there's nothing wrong with my hardware as I can play CD's. I can't get any help from Corel as they no longer support these versions. I'm wondering if the DVD4 software was a cut down version specifically to go with VideoStdio7 and if so am I likely to find the same problem if I buy one of the later bundle versions currently advertised on EBay?

anchor 11:02 03 Jan 2008

I have no idea if the version you had was "cut-down". It seems a bad show if it was.

You could download the 14 day free trial of the latest version of WinDVD8, and see it the sound plays.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone