no sound through computer

ges73 19:44 11 Jan 2003
  ges73 19:44 11 Jan 2003

i have no sound through my computer playing cd,s but i do have the sound of dialup and modem noise coming through the speakers could anybody point me in the right direction.Running win ME COMPAQ DESKPRO EN X 86
cheers ges .

Elrond 19:46 11 Jan 2003

Firstly can you get into your audio properties and check that the cd-rom/cd audio hasn't been muted.

1st RHA 19:49 11 Jan 2003

there should be a ribbon to mobo a power cable to power supply unit and a small cable from cd to sound cardwithout this you get nowt

ges73 20:21 11 Jan 2003

thanks chaps but he bloody thing did work ok an i aint done nothin to its insides nothing is muted and i cant see how any wirey bits have come of as i sat there is sound when i connect you can here the ringtone trough the speakers
cheers ges

BRYNIT 20:48 11 Jan 2003

I think i understan what you've writen.

1st RHA 20:57 11 Jan 2003

telly never broke down, washing machine gone tits up (pardon the veacular0, NOW THINGS DO GO WRONG WEAR OUT OVERHEAT AND BREAK SO BACK TO THE QUESTIONS.

we will try to help but you must do some of the work as we are working blind solving problems everyday, shall we try again!

Old PC man 10:44 12 Jan 2003

The sound of the moden dialling doesn't come from the speakers on my computer and never has done on any of the other computers I've ever had.

You don't, by any chance, have anything plugged into the headphone socket do you as this may automatically mute the spreaker output??

Simple but it can happen. If you have, try unplugging the headphones.

ges73 15:21 12 Jan 2003

thanks 4 the responses guys,car will never break down as its jap and i`m a grease monkey(ohh dear),tv`s is crap so not really bothered and wot the hell is a washing machine????? sorry.the dail up tone only comes from the tower(or whatever it`s called),there isn`t anything else plugged in cheers ges

Old PC man 10:54 13 Jan 2003

Does your speaker setup have its own power supply? i.e. is it a sub woofer unit plugged into a power socket with sattelite speakers??

If so, check the fuse in the wall plug. Does the light come on when press the power switch on the speakers?

John

ges73 19:10 15 Jan 2003

thanks old man,i`ve got two speakers that join together and plug by one connector at the back,the light for the speakers comes on cheers ges73

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017