No sound with a Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Red Flag 20:59 07 Mar 2003

As part of an update of my system I have just installed a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card.

The installation has gone alright and all the software is working and its own tests show no problems. However, I can't get any sound out of my speakers?

At the moment I two rubbish speakers that only have one analog plug but the new sound card has three analog plugs (for surround sound). I have tried the plug in all three and get nothing. I am going to buy surround sound speakers but thought my old ones would work until I replaced them.

What I really want to know is whether the card is iffy or do I need the correct speakers for the card to work properly (if so I'll get them tomorrow).

Apologies for going on but any help would be appreciated.

redelf 22:54 07 Mar 2003

Not sure, but if you have the sound card set up for surround and are only using stereo speakers, would you get any sound ?

Try checking the sound card controls to check it is set to stereo (2 speakers) stereo only, check the documentation or help files to see which cables are to be used for stereo sound only.

powerless 22:56 07 Mar 2003

Within the creatives mixers controls there will be the option "Digital sound" enabale or disbale.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?