no sound option in device manager

mrbasista 00:21 04 Nov 2010

Hello,

i have the 'No Auido output device is installed programme. ive updated and reinstalled the drivers and still have the same problem. what do i do if there is no audio option in my device manager.. helppp please

Night Ryder 00:38 04 Nov 2010

What Op system ar you using? If it is onboard audio, is it turned on in BIOS?

mrbasista 02:33 04 Nov 2010

its windows 7 32-bit on a hp laptop

lotvic 08:34 04 Nov 2010

How did you manage to update and reinstall the drivers if there is no audio option in device manager?

mrbasista 13:03 04 Nov 2010

sorry that was quite unclear...installed drivers off the internet but when running a device update finder programme it says that my sound device 'conexant high definition smartaudio hd2' is unplugged?

GaT7 13:16 04 Nov 2010

Are there any exclamation marks in Device Manager relating to this driver?

If no, & your sound is functioning OK, I wouldn't worry. There a some rogue 'updater finder' programs that alert you to false positives in order to part with your money.

If yes, then download & install it for free from click here. Or, if not suitable, try getting it from your motherboard/laptop manufacturer's website. Let us know the latter's make & model number if you'd like some help locating them. G

mrbasista 14:05 04 Nov 2010

thanks for that but the strange thing is there is no sound option in my device manager. its simply not there...its been working fine for at least 2 months but now its not...the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner has always a red cross next to it and when you try to click on it the troubleshooter comes up and says that the driver may not have been detected and now it has been

GaT7 14:08 04 Nov 2010

'...and now it has been'

As in the driver has now been detected & sound works fine? G

mrbasista 14:12 04 Nov 2010

yea it says the driver is detected..but the problem is the device is not detected, or is somehow 'unplugged'

GaT7 14:18 04 Nov 2010

What happens if you install or try to install the driver from the link provided above? G

mrbasista 14:20 04 Nov 2010

it says download failed because could not find media device for this driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?