No sound at all

Brownsox 19:29 29 Apr 2009

I have an Evesham PC with XP, bought 2003. Soundcard seems to be Creative Audigy 2.
For quite a while now I've had no sound at all - sadly I didn't bother at first so now no idea how/when this started. I've been to Creative's site and downloaded a new driver - all seemed to go smoothly, but still no sound. I've been right through the Windows troubleshooter and everything seems to be set up correctly. Don't know what else to try. Might the card itself be faulty and there be no message to that effect? Many thanks for any help.

MAJ 19:52 29 Apr 2009

"Might the card itself be faulty and there be no message to that effect?"

Yes that's possible, but have you tried making sure that sound isn't muted somewhere in the XP settings? Also check the settings in any Creative software that might have been installed with the new drivers. Take a look in Device Manager, is the card listed in there, if so, does it mention any faults, any yellow exclamation marks present against it's entry?

Brownsox 22:42 29 Apr 2009

Thanks Maj but all those were covered in the Troubleshooter and all were fine. I'll check for Creative software - less sure about that, but there was no sound before the new driver was installed either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?