no sound after xp reboot

alberybunch5 12:21 05 Sep 2004

please help.. i have recently re-restored xp and now hve no sound i have (! device not working code 10 in red in the device thing) tried different things nothing has worked.. it is the soundmax intergrated digital audio. i have downloaded service pack 2 but im a beginner at all this.. trying hard but now i need a bit of help..any ideas

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:29 05 Sep 2004

This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed.

To resolve this error code, make sure the device is connected to the computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are plugged in fully and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Update the device driver. It may be possible to remove the device and redetect it using the Add New Hardware wizard.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:33 05 Sep 2004

The drivers should have come on a CD with the motherboard.

alberybunch5 17:50 05 Sep 2004

i uninstalled it then restalled but it still could not be found.. and i only had the 2 restore discs witht the computer shall i try and put those in again..i will check the cables and tried to update driver but it says the driver we are using is fine....

alberybunch5 22:25 05 Sep 2004

hey thanks fruit bat i have resolved my problem i found that the speakers were not plugged in.....im sorry something so simple then i tried to reboot and now its all good..i can hear again.. thanks if i have another problem i will check the easy option first lol thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017