no sound after format

prackash2402 14:23 14 Apr 2006

hi all

just formatted my pc and re-installed all drivers
but still have no sound.
my speakers a connected and ive checked my device manager and it tells me that my legacy audio drivers are working properly yet when i check sound and audio devices it says i have NO AUDIO DEVICE.
please help me ive been trying to solve this every day for a week now but im a bit of a dunce when it comes to computers lol.
helppppp

wobblymike 14:26 14 Apr 2006

Go into devicemanager - you will probably see a device with a yellow ? through it labelled multimedia audio device. If so this means you need to install the drivers for your sound system. If you care to confirm this is the case and post back?

prackash2402 14:35 14 Apr 2006

there's no (multimedia audio device) listed and no yellow circle with ?

thanx for the info tho glad to know ive got help at last.

wobblymike 17:12 14 Apr 2006

ok go into control panel - sounds and audio devices, on the volume tag is there a sound device indicated?

wobblymike 17:15 14 Apr 2006

PS Sorry you've already checked that - in this situation if you have no sound device showing in control panel but no device asking for a driver in device manager then we have to look at BIOS, Is your sound system built in? if so go into BIOS and ensure it is enabled

prackash2402 09:02 15 Apr 2006

i have got a left and right speaker that came with pc when i got it brand new i dont know what BIOS is or how to get there. but i have noticed under device manager, system devices, system speaker, there is no driver installed for this device, but theres no yellow ? on it i have tryed with no luck the update, roll back and uninstall buttons. could this be the problem? what do you suggest i try next.
thanx for this

BRYNIT 09:23 15 Apr 2006

May be a silly question but have you loaded the motherboard drivers.

prackash2402 11:09 15 Apr 2006

Yes motherboard driver loaded.
Just got new sound card problem solved.
Thanks for all the help.

wobblymike 19:13 16 Apr 2006

prackash2402

Glad its fixed however it would still be worth your while to go into BIOS and confirm that your on board sound is enabled if it is them it may be faulty and your sound card option is the way to go however best to check.
When you boot up your PC tap the delete key as the pc is booting it will take you into BIOS find Integrated devices and locate onboard audio if it is disabled there is your problem if you enable it then save and exit you can then confirm whether it is working or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?