No sound after closing netflix

olivermorgans 21:43 08 Aug 2014

If I close the tab containing netflix/silverlight all the sound on my pc stops working. For example everything will be normal, then I close netflix in chrome (which is the only thing playing). If I now try and play music in itunes they will not play, and videos on youtube load but never play, videos on facebook play 2 seconds of video with no sound and then freeze. And when I test the speakers in device manager, it states that they are still in use by another application.

Windows says all the drivers and devices are functioning and all my drivers have been reinstalled and are up to date. Silverlight is up to date and so is chrome.

The issue is resolved by restarting my pc, but I'd rather not do this every time I watch netflix.

I have tried posting this on the chrome help forum but it says I don't have permission to do so!?

northumbria61 12:00 09 Aug 2014

It sounds to me that it is "hanging" and not closing properly. Restarting will be closing all things "running" for you. Try checking Task Manager next time for "running" applications/processes and use "end task/end process"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017