No Sound

Hughy 16:57 10 Oct 2005

I have an MSI 6382 motherboard, since installing Win 2Kpro last week I have been unable to get any sound.
This board has onboard sound from a via chipset VT8233. When I try to install the driver I get a message " VIA AC97 Audio Chipset is not enabled on this system. Please enable it first in BIOS"
When I enter BIOS - Intergrated Peripherals - VIA Onchip pci device - I am unable to locate the Chipset. Any help would be appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:41 10 Oct 2005

What did you have before win2k pro?

Did it work then? if so must already be enable in BIOS and all you require is win2k drivers.

click here

click here

Hughy 19:37 11 Oct 2005

To FRUIT BAT.Thank you for your response. Still dosn't work.I get an error message telling the chipset is not enabled but when I go into 'set up' I find ,Creative Sound' but no VIA-3058 AC97 Audio. The chipset isVT8233

Hughy 21:33 13 Oct 2005

Win 98se installed previously.

When I try to install the sound driver I get the error message "Via AC97 Audio Chipset is not installed on this system. Please enable in BIOS then run Setup again"

I have also tried to install a pci sound card. After installation on reboot it is not found as new hardware. I can install the drivers for this card but still get nothing.

The motherboard has Award BIOS.
The VIA 3058 Audio appears to be enabled.
More thought would be appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?