No software for my adsl modem unable to install .

grabster 19:19 13 Aug 2005

Hi, just reinstalled xp home and am unable to install my mentor adsl usb modem, ive had to go to my backup dial up account. Anyone know where i can download the conexant software from or any compatible software that will do the job ?

Technotiger 19:26 13 Aug 2005

Hi, have a look here -

click here

Cheers.

GaT7 20:59 13 Aug 2005

This is the Mentor download page click here (no need to download the Chinese language pack!). G

grabster 22:25 13 Aug 2005

Thanks for the links,i still cant install the drivers though,im baffled...
just reinstalled winxp again. . when i try to install the drivers it says it failed to find the software, even though i know where it is ?

grabster 22:28 13 Aug 2005

anyone know the name of the file im looking for so i know its the right one ?

GaT7 22:58 13 Aug 2005

Could you tell us the model number of the Mentor modem? G

grabster 23:09 13 Aug 2005

the only number here is 024901066

GaT7 23:29 13 Aug 2005

Try these drivers click here. G

grabster 13:03 14 Aug 2005

Crossbow7 , the drivers installed the modem ok but i still have no access, three solid lights on the modem and device manager says its installed ok but for the life of me i cant get a connection up and running.
Durin an attempted connection i get " remote computer didnt respond " its gotta be a simple setting somewhere.

Totally-braindead 13:53 14 Aug 2005

I don't know if this will help but its worth a try. My ADSL modem which was provided by my ISP must have the software installed before you plug it in. Try deleting the program, disconnect the modem, reinstall and only plug in when the software is installed and see what happens.

grabster 18:47 14 Aug 2005

Totally-braindead , tried your suggestion but still no joy. Bidding on ebay for a cheap modem so will stay with dialup for a few days yet im afraid.
No matter what i try it just wont connect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?