No Sky BB on main PC

belcanto 18:46 10 Jan 2008

Hi all, I have signed up with sky bb, they took agees but finally sent the equipment and installation date. However, although I have set up the router the main pc cant connect to the internet. Thing is though is that my other computers can.

I have tried different combinations of IP address to no avail on my internal LAN. I have also tried to install a belkin usb wireless with the same problem. They both say that they are connected but are only recieving data not sending it. I tried the Sky BB tech support, nice to know they follow bt in outsourcing their help to India. The person I spoke to was very faint, told me things I had already done.

The only thing that did some good was when I was given the ip address to configure the router, 192.168.0.1. However I was also told to reset the router which then would not let me log in again to try to re-configure. So..if anyone has got any other ideas please let me know. I am running Win xp on all PCs with zone alarm, avg and stagonos as anti-virus and firewall.

TIA-belcanto

STREETWORK 19:43 10 Jan 2008

to set up the connection first turn off the firewall and any anti virus software running. now try and set t up. Once done re-enable the firewall and AV...

belcanto 21:11 10 Jan 2008

Hi there Streetwork, thanks for the advice so far. I turned off both my anti-virus and firewall to no avail. By setup, do you mean I should run the Sky CD all over again? Also should I try to run the network wizard and the wifi wizard? If I do should I leave them on IP address auto-find, I tried that with the lan IP byut it always comes up as limited connectivity.

I hope you and others can still help

Belcanto

belcanto 21:24 10 Jan 2008

PS: I forgot to say that the modem router that they sent was a Sagem not as seems to be the case in the past a Netgear.

I do not know if this makes a difference

Belcanto

Ashrich 22:11 10 Jan 2008

Try running the set up disk again , Sky have their own customised firmware on their wireless routers , so hopefully the reset just returned to how it was when you first got it .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?