"No signal" on monitor, and now no HDD activity

si_gone 09:07 27 Mar 2007

On my daughters Acer Aspire T310-3970 Celeron D335, she suddenly found "no signal" to her monitor, after a complete freeze. She rebooted, but after that she got no video to her monitor. She is using on-board graphics.
I thought it would be a simple case of fitting an ASUS PCI graphic card I have, but no signal from that either. The graphics card works fine on my other old PC.
Switching on the PC, I don't hear the hard drive clicking into action now, with no associated flashing HDD light. Also, no beep when the bios runs. However, the fans are running and all the lights come on. Does that sound like a power supply problem, or could it be she's accidentally changed some settings or other? Help!!!

Technotiger 09:10 27 Mar 2007

Hi, it could be a Power Supply problem, or it could also be a simple case of loose connections. Could be several things though, including loose mem sticks or any loose card in pc. However, most likely to be Power Supply!

si_gone 14:57 04 Sep 2007

Twas the motherboard. Replaced, fixed, ta.

Technotiger 17:23 04 Sep 2007

OK - thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?