no signal input, Disc drive dilema?

Bomb395 21:59 20 Nov 2007

all systems work, grafix, memory ect however when i try to load a disc my screen goes off and NO SIGNAL INPUT, the pc makes a loud click but does not reset. i have tried safe mode same thing done dma reset from other links and have read most topics simular but cannot remedy problem. Ihave two disc drives one sony dvd rw-u18a scsi and a atapi cdrw 52xmax scsi both are causing the same problem. any advise would be helpful thanks.
my first post so sorry if its not done correctly.

paul€ 22:08 20 Nov 2007

Are you sure your drives have a SCSI interface. ATAPI drives are IDE drives. have you gotten these details from a computer scanning program?

Things to try,

Unplug the IDE or SCSI interface lead from the rear of one of the drives, when the computer is switched off and try the other drive. Do this for both drives.

Have the drives worked with no problems before? have you checked the jumper settings of the drives. They should be master and slave. Or both set to cable select.

Are the data leads pushed firmly into the rear of the drives and into the motherboard.

have you tried another data lead. it could be that yours is damaged.

DieSse 22:09 20 Nov 2007

Disconnect them, one at a time, and check if the same thing happens with each one on it's own.

Bomb395 00:43 21 Nov 2007

hi and thanks for the quick reponse and help.
checked the leads and the cd player is working when the dvd is unpluged from the dc input but they are both on one interface connector cable the sony dvd being the master and the cd being slave, i think the problem is the sony dvd? if i unplug the dvd connecter cable the bios says none found. so atm im running just the cd music player along with the dvd still connected but no pwr if you get what i mean. i had some probs with the dvd a few months ago but i dont use it much ecept for games like oblivion when i need to put the disc in, is there a way around that till i get a dvd disc player?

thanks anyway for your help.

Bomb395 00:33 23 Nov 2007

Hi and thanks again for the info this site is invaluable to noobs like me :) anyway found the problem it was psu and dvd. pwr supply was faulty causing probs with both drives and as i was working my way through the system i and found more confidence and decided to check out the BIOS....... hence the offline. anyway got myself an expert to fix it and i am up and running again.

back to EVE Online safest place for me. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone