No power to HP Deskjet

s99Raj 13:40 03 Nov 2003

I have an HP Deskjet 940C which has been working fine until I moved it from one room to another. That's all I did. Now it shows no power. The power lead is OK because it works on some other device. When I press the On/Off button on the deskjet I get nothing; the printer is dead, no lights some on, the cartridge holders do not move. It acts exactly as if it wasn't plugged in.

Anyone know what I could check?

Rtus 13:56 03 Nov 2003

I Assume the power lead is the Std computers type or is it Figure 8 either way if other devices can use it it wont be at fault.Or have you thought about where it plugs into >check those connections.. Is there a hidden switch at the rear? and finally if none of above there may be an internal fuse. having said that most are thermal & wound into the transformer of the Printer PSU.some have seperate circuit board so reasonable to replace..Do be cautious as reguards the Mains supply to the printer..Good Luck.

s99Raj 14:08 03 Nov 2003

The power lead is the fugure 8 type, and I'm using one off a radio on which it works fine.

I can't see any hidden switches at the rear or anywhere else. I haven't opened it up to see if there are any internal fuses. Are these printers easy to open?

I'll have a quick look.

s99Raj 14:14 03 Nov 2003

I've had a look and it seems a real bugger to open. There are no obvious screws to undo to get inside.

Rtus 20:15 03 Nov 2003

no unfortunately you have to know your way around these printers. they are usually a combination of base screws and then moulded clips, so its careful pressure aplied here & there to ease them apart..

s99Raj 20:36 03 Nov 2003

Thanks - I think I'll leave it alone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?