No pictures on some web sites

tonyx1302 15:52 25 Jan 2004

Help needed !! I have just visited click here to check out their animation shorts and find that I cannot download any of their pictures or trailers. I instead get an outlined box with a small white square in the top left hand corner. In the box is a small green circle, a small blue triangle and a small red square. I have tried right clicking etc but no success. I have also had this problem on some other sites I have visited. I am on XP and Broadband.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tony

Diodorus Siculus 16:07 25 Jan 2004

Tools, internet options, advanced, reset defaults.

It may be that gifs are being blocked for some reason.

IClaudio 16:19 25 Jan 2004

Hmmm, same problem here...

T

tonyx1302 16:23 25 Jan 2004

Hi Diodorus Siculus/ IClaudio.
Just reset defaults. No luck. Any further thoughts.
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 16:26 25 Jan 2004

Try a different browser: eg Mozilla Firebird and see what happens.

tonyx1302 16:30 25 Jan 2004

Sorry D.S. I'm very new to the computer world and don't know how to change to another browser and if I did, would I still be able to re install my current brower if that didn't work. I would be very about going into unknown areas!!!!

Diodorus Siculus 16:39 25 Jan 2004

OK - best not go down that route; hopefully someone can help you sort this one.

VoG II 16:41 25 Jan 2004

Tools/Internet Options, Advanced tab, check that "show pictures" is ticked.

If that doesn't work, try a repair click here

[email protected]@m 16:41 25 Jan 2004

Download Opera click here

Sign on as usual with your browser, then minimise it with _ top right. Then open the Opera browser.

Your existing browser will still be there.

tonyx1302 17:56 25 Jan 2004

Hi [email protected]@m/VoG/Diodorus Siculus/IClaudio.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I have just'gone boldly........etc. and have just downloaded Opera and it worked!!!!!!!
I first loaded Opera and then went back to website where I couldn't download the pics and it told be I needed Quicktime. So I also downloaded that and low and behold, it opened up everything. I am very impressed with the Opera browser, what I have seen of it, so I assume I can just leave on my desktop and open the browser when I want.
I am very pleased with myself and also very gratefull for all your kind help everybody.
Many thanks

tonyx1302 17:56 25 Jan 2004

Hi [email protected]@m/VoG/Diodorus Siculus/IClaudio.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I have just'gone boldly........etc. and have just downloaded Opera and it worked!!!!!!!
I first loaded Opera and then went back to website where I couldn't download the pics and it told be I needed Quicktime. So I also downloaded that and low and behold, it opened up everything. I am very impressed with the Opera browser, what I have seen of it, so I assume I can just leave on my desktop and open the browser when I want.
I am very pleased with myself and also very gratefull for all your kind help everybody.
Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017