No Picture From PC To Monitor

jimmyflood 14:54 13 Nov 2013

I have installed a new graphics card into my Packard Bell Ixtreme x8540 PC tower. The original card failed (or so I thought) my son tells me there was an error message before he shut down the system and it has never displayed a picture since. I have tried a different monitor and both an HDMI replacement cable and a VGA cable. The new graphics card has not made any difference. What else in a PC provides a picture to the monitor? The system seems to be starting up ok, however I cannot see what's going on. Any help would be grateful.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:44 13 Nov 2013

Does the graphics card require a power connection? try another power lead form PSU?

Remove / refit card check all cable connections to card

bumpkin 15:45 13 Nov 2013

Does the card require a power connector, if so have you connected it. Make sure it is properly seated and the card itself.

bumpkin 15:48 13 Nov 2013

I've done it again FruitBat:-) really not intentional:-)

jimmyflood 16:39 13 Nov 2013

Hello, I have tried my old graphics card and the new one. They don't require external power. I have noticed that the hard drive light is not very bright and is certainly not as it should be. I have tried the hard drive in another computer and it says there is not enough memory. Recovery Recovery. However I have tried replacing the hard drive with one I know works and also putting in the old graphics card with the replacement hard drive? I'm running out of ideas. Would the low level light mean a power failure in psu?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:59 13 Nov 2013

Would the low level light mean a power failure in psu

Being as you seem to have covered all the graphics problems that was my thoughts also.

try another psu

woodchip 18:34 13 Nov 2013

Time to try a New PSU, I think its blown. Hope its not taken Mobo or anything ells with it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?