No option for ICS on the advanced tab

mags65 02:31 29 Dec 2005

When I select network connections and then right click, select properties and then the advanced tab, it does not give me an option for ICS it takes me to a window that displays the windows firewall and when I select settings it takes me to another option but no mateer what I select, I don't get the option to select ICS so that I can enable my other comps to connect through this computer. Anyone know why this is.

mgmcc 08:21 29 Dec 2005

<<< Anyone know why this is. >>>

Yes, the option is only available if Windows finds a network adapter that is available to connect to a "client" computer with. This can be either a (wired) "Local Area Connection" or a (wireless) "Wireless Network Connection".

I assume that you are trying to enable ICS on the internet connection itself (the modem connection) and not the connection to the "client" PC?

mags65 15:05 29 Dec 2005

I am actually trying to set up a network. Have connected a router (speedcom+) but it doesn't seem to show anywhere on the computer. I did have it connected before and then uninstalled it but since I've reattached it it doesnt seem to be visible. The only connection I seem to have is the LAN thats always been there with my broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?