No Monitor in Device Manager

VestanPance 13:26 09 Mar 2003

I thought I had resolved this problem (see resolved threads in this forum) but, no. I don't have a monitors tab in device manager. In display properties, my monitor shows up as default monitor, and the properties box is greyed out. I did as suggested and uninstalled my GeForce2Ti graphics card, and installed the latest driver from Nvidia. On the reboot, the monitor shows up and everything seems fine. However, the next time I shut down and reboot default monitor is back, and I'm back to square one. There is NO reference to this in Microsoft knowledgebase, and emailing Nvidia proved fruitless. (In fact they never replied). Because of this I can't increase the refresh rate beyond 75hz, and at this refresh rate and the resolution I use, there is a noticeable flicker. ANY help that you can provide, or tips, will be VERY appreciated.
Cheers, guys.
Vestan Pance

Rayuk 15:24 09 Mar 2003

Have you tried loading drivers for your monitor?

VestanPance 21:15 09 Mar 2003

And just how am I meant to do that when the places to go to install drivers aren't there?????
Vestan

cream. 21:23 09 Mar 2003

Rayuk is trying to give some helpful advice.

Try right clicking the desktop and picking properties. Now go to settings and then advanced. You should see a monitor tab there, open it and see if you can change the refresh rate there.

Rayuk 21:23 09 Mar 2003

You stated that when you uninstalled then reinstalled the nvidia drivers the monitor showed up ,therefore you have the opportunity to instal the drivers.

woodchip 21:32 09 Mar 2003

I no this may seam a daft question but have you run the CD that you got with the card?

VestanPance 17:47 10 Mar 2003

Rayuk - In display properties, my monitor shows up as default monitor, and THE PROPERTIES BOX IS GREYED OUT.

Rayuk - I uninstalled my GeForce2Ti graphics card, and installed the latest driver from Nvidia. On the reboot, the monitor shows up and everything seems fine. However, the next time I shut down and reboot default monitor is back, and I'm back to square one.

woodchip - The drivers on the CD are not WHQL certified.

woodchip 18:08 10 Mar 2003

certified or not you should load these before updating

Rayuk 18:14 10 Mar 2003

Did you instal the drivers while the monitor was showing? or did you instal them then reboot and back to square one.
As woodchip says doesnt really matter whether drivers are certified or not.[you can always roll them back]

Rayuk 18:15 10 Mar 2003

As an aside what monitor do you have?

VestanPance 21:06 10 Mar 2003

Rayuk - When i reinstalled my graphics card's drivers, my monitor showed up in device manager & display properties as it ought to have done. I didn't install the driver from the monitor disk, as I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that WinXP had the driver and installed it upon detection. (Will uninstall, if monitor shows up will install using monitor disk, then reboot.)

Monitor is Iiyama vision master pro 410.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?