No monitor connection

wemdy 21:23 22 Mar 2005

I have just built a new computer with a Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-9 motherboard. There is no monitor connection on the back. I have a Sapphire Radeon X700 graphics card but when i connect my monitor to this i get no output to the screen. Any ideas how to sort this?

Goolie 21:29 22 Mar 2005

Does the monitor come out of standby mode when pc is powered up?

FelixTCat 21:31 22 Mar 2005

Check the fuse in the plug to the monitor.

Make sure that the cable connections are tight.

Switch on the monitor.

Goolie 22:03 22 Mar 2005

Is the Graphics card fully inserted into the PCI-E Slot?

wemdy 12:13 23 Mar 2005

The monitor doesnt come out of standby. The connections are tight the fuse is ok, and the graphics card is fully in

wemdy 12:34 23 Mar 2005

Nope. Will the graphics card work without drivers installed? I can't install drivers because i cant use the screen

1x11456 12:42 23 Mar 2005

when you say there is no connector on the back for the monitor have you plugged the the kettle type lead into the back of the monitor and then to the mains or just plugged the monitor lead into the videocard slot. as the monitor might need power from the mains if its not connected to the computer via the mains output socket on the back of the computer

wemdy 15:31 23 Mar 2005

monitor has power. only data connection for monitor is on graphics card. what do i do about having no BIOS beep?

FelixTCat 17:10 23 Mar 2005

When you reboot the pc, do any lights flash? Can you hear the hard drive spin up? Do the lights on the DVD or CD flash?

wemdy 22:32 23 Mar 2005

Can hear the hard drive and dvd flashes a couple of times

the-george 23:24 23 Mar 2005

No post bios beep does not necessarily mean that the pc is dead - the internal speaker may not be connected. IF the pc were dead then would the drive spin etc?
Does the hard drive light flash for a while as this would indicate that the pc was booting even if you could see nothing on the screen.
Can you try the monitor on a different PC or maybe a different monitor with your pc just to eliminate monitor problems?
I doubt it will be lack of driver as the pc would use a basic driver by default.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

How artist Alex Yanes worked with his daughter on this bright 3D mural for Monument Valley 2

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le lancement du Galaxy Note 8 en direct ?