No monitor activity on rebuild of old comp

woofwoofbark 07:51 24 Oct 2010

I have put together a spare computer that has been in my cupboard for a few years ... ive added a hdd , memory , ethernet card and it runs just great.
It has an ASUS A7A266 M/B

anyway , here is my problem .....

I also have another motherboard and case that I have put together , using a PC Chips M863G M/B.
I have switched the components from the ASUS to the PC Chips board and switched on ... I hear everything running plus see the cpu fan spinning but no activity on the monitir

The pc chips board has a vga port and i have also added an nvidia geforce 3 from the asus/computer ( graphics card runs fine on the asus but doesnt show any activity on the pc chips comp setup.....

I am not exactly a pc technician , the fact that I have 3 very basic spare comps and managed to get 2 working , but the pc chips isnt yet ....

why does the grpahics card work on the sus setup but not the pc chips setup ?

Also , with the monitor connected to the pc chips board i get nothing......

Not the most techy lol , any advice/help/questions is most welcome!!!!

Cheers

woofwoofbark 07:51 24 Oct 2010

NOTE: The graphics card is rrunning but all I recieve from the monitor ( i have tried 2 monitors now) in RGB NO SIGNAL INPUT , this message appears on the comp when it is attached to the nvidia card and also the pc chips vga connection.

woofwoofbark 07:57 24 Oct 2010

I have 3 spare old low spec comps , I have managed to get 2 working , one is with my cousin ( she is very happy and has used the comp for around a week now , and already have 7 feedback's from ebay lol)
I have a packard bell challenger m/board and works great.

Another spare comp uses an ASUS A7A266 and runs great with the nvidia geforce 3 card and 512mb memory pc 2700.

the pc chips can handle these components and I have switched them from the asus to the pc chips board .... everything runs , cpu fan , graphics card fan spins but wont show on the monitor ????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone