No Links On Web Page

David4637 13:43 14 Jul 2009

I use IE6 to browse, and the web page people say towards the bottom of the web page of click here they can see links under the following, which I can not see -

A 10 mile circular ride around Bledlow through the Chiltern Countryside.

and

A 6.5 mile circular walk through Ellesborough to Little Kimble & Great Kimble

Is there a IE6 setting that would show the links, as I do not want to upgrade to IE7/8?
Thanks
David

Sea Urchin 13:53 14 Jul 2009

Yes there are about 15 links further down the page - the top two the ones you mentions. Can you not scroll down the page using the scroll bar or your mouse wheel?

For many reasons I would suggest upgrading to at least IE7 - much more secure than IE6.

Graphicool1 13:59 14 Jul 2009

Each of the rides or walks on your (link page) has a PDF link. Have you got a PDF reader. If the answer is no, then that is why you can't see them.
click here It's Free. Before you click to download uncheck Google Taskbar (unless yoy want it)

Sea Urchin 14:13 14 Jul 2009

To be honest I wasn't sure if he meant he couldn't SEE the links, or couldn't open them?

lotvic 14:14 14 Jul 2009

Related files (you need Acrobat Reader to open):
Acrobat Reader in above, is a link to adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Do you get that link shown?

On these, the link is only shown on #'s (actually it is a large bullet point not a # but can't do bullet points on forum) and it is to download a pdf file
# Bledlow Circular Ride PDF 1662KB (this is a link)
A 10 mile circular ride around Bledlow through the Chiltern Countryside. (not a link)

# Ellesborough Kimble PDF 217KB (this is a link)
A 6.5 mile circular walk through Ellesborough to Little Kimble & Great Kimble (not a link)

Graphicool1 14:17 14 Jul 2009

Me to, still, either way, between the two of us I think we've probably have it covered. G1 :¬}

David4637 12:41 15 Jul 2009

Thanks for your replies.

1. I can not see the wording and the underlined link for each walk, its missing. I would normally right click the link and save the pdf to my HD, and then view it in Acrobat later.

2. I do not want to update to IE7, even though I can see these links at my local library PC which runs IE7.

3. Do I need a java, or flash player upgrade to IE6 to view these links, if not, what needs to be done to see these links in IE6?
Thanks David

David4637 13:16 15 Jul 2009

I have a web washer utility (removes adverts from web pages) which in this one instant is NOT showing the pdf links. If I disable it, the links show. Never had this problem with web pages not showing links before.
Thanks again for your help. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?