no java ?

marky31 16:00 26 Jan 2006

Hi I have a pc with windows XP and norton internet security installed. For some reason in the past few months I can't get on any sites using flash or java, getting a message asking me to enable Java scripting. Having checked that my Java scripting has been enabled and being advised to turn anti spam and firewall off, even disableing nortan internet security, nothing has changed, I cant even get onto my own site because it is a flash site !

The PC wont even let me download java or flash, prefering to tell me that there is some error with the server or something.

Can anyone help

cheers

Mark Smith

keith-236785 16:05 26 Jan 2006

click here try to download a microsoft java msjavx86, it isnt supplied by microsoft anymore but it is updated via windows update.

it might help if you can get it to install, if it wont install then something is stopping it, possibly a virus infection or maybe just a bad previous install of java.

good luck

john-232317 16:10 26 Jan 2006

Download sun java click here MS no longer support their own java ;-)

ade.h 20:14 26 Jan 2006

It's not clear whether you are talking about support for Java applets or javascript permissions. You describe Java, but also mention that you have checked your javascript settings. Related in principle, but different things. Sites that merely use javascript - such as for forms and pop-ups - don't need the installation of Sun Java. That's reqired for the rich content that you see in Java windows, similar to Flash. click here for an explanation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone