No Internet or Oulook Express

KW2K 10:48 15 Dec 2007

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this problem: I am using Win XP and when I try and open IE7 it says page cannot be displayed, I also get an error message when accessing Outlook Express but I'm sure that is because it cannot get an internet connection. My laptop and other pc are all working fine. I have a wireless router connected to my Cable Modem. The router is setup for DHCP and this is working fine, when I do a IPCONFIG on my pc which is not working, it is picking up the correct IP address, subnet and gateway from the router, I can also ping the router and get a reply back, so the PC is seeing the router OK. If I ping Google I get a reply and if I ping its IP Address I also get a reply, so am I correct in thinking that dns is working ok ? Someone suggested that I should try netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt. I have tried this and it made no difference after a re-boot. I'm now wondering if it something to do with the host file on the PC ? If anyone has any thoughts on why this does not work, I would be most happy to hear from you.

Many Thanks.

wrg 10:55 15 Dec 2007

not sure if it is relevant have a look at the post I have just made "internet connection problem"

KW2K 11:15 15 Dec 2007

Hi wrg, thanks for the info, however I cannot see an update ending in 615. Like you, I have had several updates over the past few days.

Regards.

wrg 11:18 15 Dec 2007

615 may be applicable to VISTA. Look at the installed updates to see if any are applicable to IE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?