No Internet Connection

Spr 13:00 27 Aug 2014

I am using Windows 7 home premium

I have been away for a few days the Hotel provided free Wi-Fi. I have stayed at the Hotel before had no problem what so ever getting connected to the Internet. This time for some reason for some reason of other I could not get connected. Now I am home I cannot get connected to the Internet.

Doing the trouble shooting. Wireless capability is turned off. Local Area Connection adapter is disabled.

How do I get around this problem? I am using Talk-Talk wirless modem

Thank you

beeuuem 13:27 27 Aug 2014

Are you trying to connect by wireless or an Ethernet cable? The make and model of the laptop would also help.

Ian in Northampton 14:03 27 Aug 2014

Have you been to Control Panel/Network and Sharing Centre/Manage Wireless Networks? Note that, on many laptops, as well as being able to turn wifi networks on and off via Windows 7, there's also a physical button on the keyboard. Is it possible you've accidentally pressed that?

Spr 14:06 27 Aug 2014

I am trying to connect by wireless Laptop HP Pavilion dv6

Ian in Northampton 14:11 27 Aug 2014

Does this help?

Spr 15:26 27 Aug 2014

Ian Sorry this did not help

spuds 15:54 27 Aug 2014

I notice that you mention that TalkTalk is your ISP. I also use TalkTalk, and if you check their support page or their community forum, you might find the answer there, if all else fails.

If you get the 'right person' via TT support, they will talk you through the procedures for reconnection. I did this once and found the technical lady very good.

Woolwell 16:03 27 Aug 2014

Does the laptop see your wifi network at all?

Spr 17:56 27 Aug 2014

Spud I have been onto Talk Talk & they took me through it & it is up & running

Thanks to all who helped

Ian in Northampton 18:38 27 Aug 2014

Spr: don't leave us hanging! What was the fix?

Spr 08:49 28 Aug 2014

Ian Talk Talk asked me to do a number of checks I cannot remember all of it. I was asked to do this or do that.It got my Internet working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?