No Internet Connection?

Big Nate 14:51 26 Dec 2007

When I go on-line I always receive a small window advising me that "No connection to the internet was found". Would you like to try again? I always have to enter try again. Could you please advise of any possible settings that I could change to prevent this window from internet explorer from popping up? This window will pop up at least 8 out of ten times when attempting to go on-line.

Thank you

Technotiger 14:57 26 Dec 2007

What OS, and how are you connecting to the Internet - modem or broadband, wired or wireless, also what ISP?

Technotiger 21:44 26 Dec 2007

Thank you for responding to my question about, "No internet connection". The following are answers to your questions. 1. Windows XP Home Edition 2. Modem 3. Wired 4. Netzero

Please put all your questions/answers here in the Thread, that way everyone can see them and offer their assistance as well.

I am afraid I am not familiar with Netzero, but I think your best option would be to contact netzero and ask for their help. It probably just needs a small setting entered correctly, and they may be able to do this for you from their end.

Technotiger 21:48 26 Dec 2007

This link is from Netzero, read through and if applicable to your situation, try their suggestions. If still having the problem, you should be able to contact Netzero through the link.

click here

birdface 07:41 27 Dec 2007

Try,Control Panel.Administrative tools.Services.Scroll down to DNS Client and make sure it is set to automatic.Or try tools Internet Options.Connections.And make sure never dial a connection is dotted.Apply Ok.Ok.Or right click the little Icon with the message and press repair.See if it finds any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache