no input signal

futurhead 17:51 30 Oct 2005

my pc worked fine this morning, connected the front headphone socket as had never bothered. re-connected scrren and got no input signal mssg,have taken graphics card to local store and card worked fine on a different machine,monitor works fine connected to laptop using the same cable .what wlse could b wrong ? any suggestions

thnkx

PC Bilbo 18:06 30 Oct 2005

Is anything working on PC? E.g. is the processor fan spinning?.

If not, try simple things first like plug fuse in lead to computer PSU.If no joy, check all internal connections are making good contact particularly the
20 or 24 pin mainboard skt.

If none of these work it is possibly a power supply failure.

futurhead 18:20 30 Oct 2005

yes fans ,hard drive etc seem to be working fine, if i wasnt looking would sound completly normal, have even tried unconnecting socket and putting jumpers back so is the same as b4. if i have damaged the mothernoard is it likely to just b effecting graphics card ?

woodchip 18:29 30 Oct 2005

May be a coincidence that the PSU decided to call it a day

futurhead 18:37 30 Oct 2005

could be ,its a radeon xL800 card which draws power from the mobo so i suppose if it not getting enough power could b, its fan is spinning tho so its getting some power

woodchip 18:40 30 Oct 2005

Though Fans and lights work it does not mean there is enough power to drive the computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?