No Incoming Mail.

Derries 08:08 08 Apr 2006

Computer problems again, I installed MadeSafe security Suite a week last Thursday, these yellow flags kept popping up to see if I want to allow them through the firewall. The long and short of it is access is denied to my incoming mail server, although I have two I get no emails through either. I've spent hours on the support line with the security provider and my ISP.None of them have come up with a solution. I can get to read my emails on the server website. I thought this Thursday I would uninstall all my security and do a system restore to a date prior to installing MadeSafe, but I couldn't do a system restore to any date, I tried 6 different ones. Next thing I did was bought Trend Pencillin Security and installed that, but it made no difference. Woe is me, I'm at a loss now as what to do. The server techy thinks I may have given the security instructions that are now embedded in my system.
BTW I had one of those Paypal spoofs asking for my ATM pin code, I sent it to Paypal.
I use Incredimail so I tried switching back to Outlook, it pulled 84 emails down, mostly rubbish, it drops them down then tells me the operation has been aborted for some reason. Any ideas please????

Diodorus Siculus 08:18 08 Apr 2006

1 - check that you have the correct pop3 server / password details in the mail client.

2 - delete all mail from the web server via the web interface (there could be causing the blockage)

3 - get something like mailwasher to query your mail server - if that gets the mail, it will show that it is a configuration problem in your mail client.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017