No Images in Internet Explorer

bollenb 09:16 22 Jul 2003

Suddenly Internet Explorer has stopped showing me all the images and buttons - all I see is the frames and perhaps the name of the frame.

I assumed that some setting has been inadvertently changed, but I've looked through all the tickboxes under Internet Options, eg the tickbox for show pictures is ticked

davidg_richmond 09:29 22 Jul 2003

Clear your temporary internet files folder. Check your connection speed too as slower speeds sometimes means some (though generally not all) pictures stop showing.

bollenb 08:56 23 Jul 2003

Cleanmgr showed the Temporary Internet files folder to be empty! Connection speed is ok.

But in D:windows\Temporary Internet Files I have 8 folders with peculiar 8 char names which all seem to have an identical set of cookies in them. Could this be anything to do with the problem?

Thanks for your help so far David.

Bob

Mike2002 12:23 23 Jul 2003

I can't offer any ideas at present, just to say that these 8 character files (Temporary Internet Files/Content IE5) are perfectly normal.
However, 4 is the norm for me - I have never had more than that.
How about trying the 'Repair Internet Explorer' function. Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel, then Add/Remove programs. In the 'Add/Remove programs properties' box, scroll down to your CURRENT version of Microsoft Internet Explorer and click Remove.
Another box will appear, asking if you want to Add a component, or Repair Internet Explorer.
It will then check and verify the integrity of the associated files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?